Puff, puff, but best not to pass
Published on March 18, 2020 by oz. staff
The Ontario Cannabis Store has some tips on cannabis use and COVID -19.
- Don’t share joints, vapes, pipes or bongs. You may be passing more than you think. COVID-19 spreads via respiratory droplets released when you speak, cough or sneeze and is also left on shared items such as forks and glasses — or joints, vapes, pipes and bongs. You may pick up the virus by coming into contact with contaminated surfaces, either by putting them in your mouth, or by touching them and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Wash your hands often. Ontario Ministry of Health recommends frequent hand-washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, when you come in from the outside and before and after preparing food. When soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you’re sick – skip the smoke. It has been reported that COVID-19 causes infections in the nose, throat and lungs. Since we know that over time, smoking cannabis can impact your lung health, it’s probably best to take a break from smoking or vaping until you’re feeling better.
- Keep your distance. Remember to keep a safe distance, experts recommend at least two metres or more.
- Use government resources to stay up to date. To ensure all your information is as accurate and up-to-date as possible, use official sources such as Ontario Ministry of Health to get the latest information on COVID-19.