Peek at post-pandemic world
Published on April 9, 2020 by oz. staff
Cannabis conferences that had to be postponed due to the novel coronavirus are starting to be rescheduled.
Those organized by HFC Productions, including the Growing Summit in Kelowna that will bring legacy and legal markets together.
“While we monitor the evolving situation in Canada and internationally, HFC Productions Inc. is working closely with affiliated partners, exhibitors, and venues to ensure we are implementing any additional safety requirements to the best of our ability,” said organizers.
“We kindly ask for your patience as we identify and implement best practices during these extraordinary circumstances.”
Changes they’ve made in light of the pandemic include:
- At the Kelowna event, they are hiring a Manager of Sanitation to deliver on extra sanitation protocols that go above and beyond standard venue services
- Renting more venue space to increase social distancing
- Providing silicon tips from Moose Labs to prevent sharing of smoking paraphernalia
- Providing live streaming, podcasting, and viewable online recordings for guests who are unable to attend the event in person
- Offering more Chef stations and/or plated meals in place of full buffets (some meals with remain buffet style)
- The Growing Summit set a tentative date of Aug. 24 and 25
- The C-45 Quality Summit in Fredericton, N.B., Sept. 15 to 17
- Hempfest Calgary on Sept. 11 and 12
Photo: HempFest Canada Instagram @hempfestcanada