What’s happening at Lift Expo in Vancouver
Published on January 9, 2023 by Bradie Sparrow
Lift in Vancouver takes place this week after a three-year hiatus.
There’s a lot to do at the event, Jan 12-14.
Here’s a guide to the conference that includes as much information as I could find, so you can easily decide what’s most important to you!
Lift Vancouver takes place at the Vancouver Convention Centre, located at 1055 Canada Pl.
Something for everyone
BUDTENDERS: Entry is free when you provide your certification number. You will have access to the Lift Expo on Friday (Jan. 13) and Saturday (Jan. 14), including budtender-specific education sessions. While at the Expo, explore the Brand Discovery Zone and get to know Small Batch Producers in the Craft Growers Area. Collect swag and enjoy refreshments your way to the Budtender Lounge. Be sure to swing by the Outdoor Networking Lounge for a puff. Don’t miss the included after party on Saturday evening!
CONSUMERS: Saturday is for you with a $20 entry fee that includes the 9 a.m. screening of Frenchy Dreams of Hashish. Explore the Expo floor, take in the scheduled programming and entertainment, hopefully win some give-aways, and make new friends at the Outdoor Networking Lounge, finishing off your day with the included after party.
INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS: Various ticket levels are available. Should you choose to attend the Business Conference on Jan. 12 from 9-5 p.m., you can enjoy a full day of learning, including lunch, an evening reception, plus all the perks of the expo over Jan. 13 and 14.
Web links to key information
- Buy tickets for Lift Expo
- Check out the Business Conference schedule
- See the Main Stage schedule
- See the Speakers Corner schedule (Booth No. 610)
- Explore the Lift Expo floor plan
- Lift & Co on LinkedIn
Highlights at Lift Expo in Vancouver
(Contributed by The Maverick PR)
• Keynote speaker Eric Costen, who’s senior assistant deputy minister and lead, cannabis industry sector, innovation, science and Economic Development Canada, will open the Lift Cannabis Business Conference on Thursday, Jan. 12, with remarks covering Canada’s economic development goals for the cannabis industry, as well as current federal, provincial, territorial and municipal cooperation.
• Industry Stage, Brand Stage and interactive Speakers’ Corner featuring leading cannabis experts and fresh voices. Hot topics include education and opportunity, Indigenous cannabis, budtender masterclass, next gen vape, sex ed., cannabis and fitness, psychedelics treatments and trends, and more.
• Brand Discovery Pavilion, an expo floor showcase of cannabis brands, including a micro and small batch craft growers’ area.
• Supersized Budtender Program—an all-encompassing celebration of the unsung heroes of our industry—including free admission, educational programming, a dedicated lounge area with giveaways and refreshments, the Lift Vancouver After Party and much more for certified budtenders.
• PLAY@LIFT on the expo floor (booth No. 1630), a special area outfitted with games, photo ops, a glass-blowing demonstration, sweet treats, and more.
• A Lift Networking Lounge (Booth No. 819) on the expo floor and the brand-new Outdoor Networking Lounge, a generous space furnished with seating and games, as well as an additional tented area, located right next door on the Jack Poole Plaza.
• Lift Vancouver Coloring Wall created by renowned indigenous artist CarrieLynn Victor.
• A special screening of Frenchy Dreams of Hashish celebrating the life of master hashish maker, Frenchy Cannoli, on Saturday, Jan. 14 at 9:30 a.m. in the expo hall. The screening is included with consumer ticket purchase; additional ticket types may add film tickets for $20. Proceeds benefit the Origins Council.
• Official Lift Vancouver After Party – music, drinks, bites, and networking at the Lamplighter Pub in Gastown on Saturday, Jan. 14 from 5 – 8 p.m. immediately following Lift Vancouver.
UPDATED: Jan. 10, 11:41, fact-check, edit